Let Your Heart Be Light | Two Peas in a Bucket

Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Friday! Today I have a new layout and card from the Two Peas in a Bucket "Seeing Double" video series. I am no Kinsey Wilson/Sasha Farina at hand-stitching, but I decided to give it a try for this month's video. Although it's not perfect, I really like the end result and the added home-made look it gives to a project.



I loved the handwritten cut files this month so I started out by cutting some out with my Silhouette Cameo. Since my last video used a big die-cut title, I decided to try something different and ended up using the cut file as a guide for the holes. For my card, I created a very simple tree shape with straight stitching, and added some star confetti to make it more Christmasy.



The "Christmas Countdown" printable directed the rest of my page, and I decided to layer the chipboard numbers from the Maggie Holmes "Flea Market" collection under the photo. I also added some gold mist for extra depth to the white cardstock background.


A few detail shots of the layout and the video below. The full post is up at Two Peas in a Bucket. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!



Products:

6 comments:

  1. I love your projects! The stitching is great - especially for your first tryings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Michelle. Nice idea to use the cut files as a template for the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! I love the handwritten look of the cut files!!

      Delete

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground