'Tis The Season | Two Peas in a Bucket

Sunday, December 01, 2013

Oh my, time is flying! It's already December, and I feel very unprepared for the holidays. I'm scrambling to come up with ideas for presents, and trying to find where I can even get them from. The next few weeks will be dedicated to studying for final exams, and after that I can get more into the holiday spirit :)



As you can see, the theme this month is holiday/winter! I decided to scrapbook this photo of my boyfriend Billy and I at an early Christmas party. I love it when we actually get photos together! I saw this image Pinterest, which inspired me to incorporate the scalloped layer.



It's hard to see in some angles, but I used gesso, some gold mist, and a doily stencil to add some tone-on-tone texture to the background. I really like the subtle detail it adds to the edges. You can see a little bit behind the "wish" and "love" stamping.



Here's a closer look at some of the patterned paper scallops. I used a 1.5 inch circle punch with white cardstock, light blue patterned paper, and some gold foil paper.



You might be able to (barely) see some of the gesso and stencil work here. To the top and bottom corners, I added some embellishments, and connected them with a flow of sequins stars.

The full post is up on Two Peas in a Bucket. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great start to your December!

Products:

9 comments:

  1. Stunning page and photo! I love the scallops...such an awesome design idea, Michelle! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scallops. Good luck with exams & present shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Danielle! Can't wait to be done exams next week :D

      Delete
  3. What a lovely layout. I like the background with the gesso and stencil work you have done. The picture of you and your boyfriend is great. I hope I can get a good photo of my husband an me too this year :o).

    Good luck with exams!

    Greetings from Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so excited to almost be done exams!!

      Yes, sometimes its hard to get both of you in a photo, I hope you can get a holiday photo together! :)

      Delete
  4. You two are just darling together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground