Project Life - April (part 4)

Wednesday, April 30, 2014



Over the weekend, Billy and I headed over to the Calgary Expo. It was a very long day, after a very long week, but it was a lot of fun. We got photos with Billy Boyd and Sean Astin (Pippin and Sam from Lord of the Rings) and Matt Smith (Doctor Who). My sister is a huge fan of Doctor Who and I was hoping to get an autograph for her birthday, but unfortunately Matt Smith was running behind on his photo ops and his autograph session was cut short afterwards.


Photos on insert by Billy Wong; stickers and tags by shopEvalicious

There was a special at the expo about Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, and some people from the weta workshop were there. At the panel, they did a live makeup transformation of an audience member into an orc and it was amazing. They did also interviews, improv, singing, and other demonstrations. I added an insert of some extra photos that I wanted to include but wasn't sure where to put.



On the other side of the insert, I added this quote from Sid Caesar that says "in between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed". I thought that it was a good reminder to try to have more balance in my life. The last semester was so busy, and I felt like I ended up blowing off a lot of non-school related things like crafting or spending time with friends. It's something I want to work on in the upcoming spring and summer semesters.


Quote Cut File

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the quote in the "Bebas Neue" font and backed it with papers from the Dear Lizzy "Lucky Charm" line. I didn't really do anything special aside from typing it out, but if you were interested in using the file, I have a download available here.



And just a look at the spread without the insert. On the right are some photos from Calgary as we were leaving the next day. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. love the format of your PL album! also, you met Matt Smith!!!! i'm insanely jealous lol (can you tell i'm also a big DW fan ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Haha yes, he was definitely the most popular one there, so many bow ties and fezes!

      Delete

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground