I'll Be Yours

Saturday, May 03, 2014



Happy National Scrapbook Day! I haven't made a traditional scrapbook layout in months, I just haven't had the inspiration or motivation. Yesterday, I cleaning out my scrapbook room, and this page came together from the mess on my floor. Please ignore the big fold in the bottom right corner, the background paper almost got caught in the recycle pile.



The photo is from a lovely summer trip to Toronto (courtesy of Billy). I wanted the page to be light, airy, and have a whimsical touch. Since the background paper was very light, I tried to use pops of color to capture the summery theme and to add more contrast. Most of the papers were leftovers from cutting down 12x12 sheets for Project Life. I added some hidden journaling on a tag tucked behind the layers.



To balance out the top-heavy page, I added a line of elements to the bottom of the page. I had some sequin stars out from a Christmas project I was working on back in December, so I added a trail of silver and gold to connect the two main sections of the page. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great weekend! Spring semester starts next week, so I'm clinging on to these last precious moments of my 10 day break.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this layout is so gorgeous. I like the lovely picture!
    Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay You are back! I have been waiting for your new pages =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam!! I appreciate the support :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layout!! It´s about time I stop by again, so many pretty things!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria!! I haven't been crafting for a while, feels good to get back into it :)

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! I love the page design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground