Project Life - May (part 1)

Friday, May 09, 2014



The one week break I had went by way too fast, but it was nice to get a chance to slow down and relax even for a little bit. This spread is quite simple as I've returned to a super busy schedule for spring classes and clinical. To make it easier for myself, I've been using Picasa to crop my photos into squares and add journaling text underneath. I like that the extra white space from the border gives me room to embellish if I want, or can be a completed card with journaling and no embellishing.


Calendar by Jasmine Dowling

I used the monthly calendar card from Jasmine Dowling again, I love the simplicity and elegance of the plain black and white. On the right is a photo of Billy's cat George, who was super excited to greet us. The little "oh hello" speech bubble sticker is from an older shopEvalicious line.



During finals week, I made an order for some calligraphy supplies and a class on Skillshare after seeing some of Jen Kinkade's beautiful work. It's really fun to learn, but it will take a lot of practice to get better and to develop my own style. The "let's do this" card was a practice card that I included as a motivational phrase to get ready for clinicals.



My birds were quite happy to see me more often during my week off, especially Birdie who got quite a few head scratches. I added a gold foil heart sticker to the center of the photo, and added some stamping on the journaling card to the right. I used some of my favorite roller stamps as well as a little phrase from an older Studio Calico card kit.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. It looks really amazing! You had so sweet pictures and it looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project life album is so wonderful. I like the small size. It makes it much easier to fill in instead of the 12x12" album. I will have to keep this in mind for next year.

    Your pictures are so lovely. I like the white spacees. And the soft colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do love the smaller size when I have busy weeks and not many photos, but it's a bit of a pain when I want to include lots of photos!

      Delete
  3. Hello Michelle. Love your soft photos and clean style. And I, too, have started some calligraphy after seeing Jen Kinkade's work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw some of your calligraphy mini book on your blog, looks fantastic already!

      Delete

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground